Preparing for gastric sleeve surgery
Gastric sleeve surgery is the most common bariatric surgery which delivers great weight loss results for obese people who are unable to keep down their weight with diet and exercise. As a fast and effective solution to the problem of obesity, gastric sleeve is performed on thousands of obese patients across the world every day.
If you too are planning to undergo a sleeve gastrectomy anytime soon, chances are you’re looking for tips on preparation and information about gastric sleeve surgery requirements. In this article, you’ll read how to get ready for a sleeve gastrectomy procedure.
Before that, let’s learn about what gastric sleeve surgery is and how it works.
- Good candidates for gastric sleeve surgery are those with a BMI above 35 or above 30 with a weight-related issue.
- Understanding yourself and your expectations is the first step in preparing for gastric sleeve surgery.
- Gastric sleeve is not for ‘lazy’ people. You should be committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle after the surgery to get the most out of it.
- You should prepare both physically and mentally for gastric sleeve surgery.
- You should follow a strict diet to get physically prepared for gastric sleeve surgery.
- Gastric sleeve surgery may create emotional challenges for you, for which you should be mentally prepared.
- You need to stop smoking and alcohol before gastric sleeve surgery
- It is very important to be honest with the surgeon during the consultation appointment in order to have a successful surgery.