A beautiful smile, is of the most powerful communication bridges. Regardless of the facial features each person possesses, ultimately it is the beauty of their teeth that make their smile meaningful. Among all the beauties a person bears, their smile is the first grabbing the attention of others. Additionally, oral and dental hygiene is a cornerstone of an individual’s health, since all the edibles we consume, enter the body through the mouth. In the past decades, Iran has experienced a surge of popularity in aesthetic medicine especially among the youth, and consequently, different aesthetic dentistry services also grew in accordance with modern services around the world. So much so, that as of now, the country has turned into a hub for all kinds of aesthetics services with many who seek these services coming to Iran from around the world.
Health and Dental Aesthetics are Entwined
Some of the aesthetic services also cause the improvement of health as well. The most common medical and aesthetic service, is the unicolor ceramic teeth filing, which in addition to bringing superior appearance, also requires lesser grinding of the enamel.
Many Iranian dentists are oriented towards the tooth friendly aesthetic dentistry, and avoid any irreversible action performed on the tooth. The popular tooth friendly services are bleaching, some short term orthodontic services, and resin dental composite.
Popular Tooth Friendly Services
Reconstructive and aesthetic dentistry needs in Iran have blended with one another in different ways, and each given a different name so that the customers are able to choose precisely what they have in mind based on their need.
– Inlays and Onlays, or indirect composite, are usually made from resin composite materials in labs and are used in cases of minor to medium tooth decay or cases that do not have the proper construction for fillings. They cause the strengthening of the tooth and preservation of its natural shape. Inlays stick directly to the surface of the tooth without damaging its tip. In cases where the surface or part of the tooth is destroyed, then onlays are used instead of usual coverings to cover the general surface of the tooth.
– Bleaching or Whitening is the most popular treatment in aesthetic dentistry and dental restoration field. This method involves a chemical process and some individuals resort to it to erase the stains caused by medical drugs, smoking, as well as coffee and tea consumption. In bleaching, the dentist makes a custom made teeth mold to determine the amount of the needed bleaching material. This method usually takes 2 to 4 weeks and is performable both in home as well as the clinic.
– The Veneer is a thin layer made of porcelain or resin composite that is placed on the tooth surface to mend the cracks and fractures on the tooth and enhance its appearance. The dentist places the veneer on the tooth and shapes it, and then using special medical rays hardens it in place. Another type of veneer is known as laminate or ceramic veneer, similar to the ceramic layers that are produced in the lab, this method is usually concluded in a single session.
– In aesthetic medicine, dental bridging and covering is used to fill in the empty spaces between the teeth or the empty space left behind by a lost tooth, and serves as a reconstructive and aesthetic method. Bridging incurs lesser costs and improves the appearance of the tooth without the need for orthodontic methods or implants. Covering and bridging can also be used in the larger filling cases as well.
– Bonding involves using material the same color as the tooth to fill empty spaces as well as changing the color of the tooth. Tooth bonding is carried out in a single session and lasts for years. In decaying or tooth fracture cases, resin composite bonding is the best option.
– Another aesthetic dentistry service is the carving and shaping the enamel, removing parts of it to enhance the appearance. Most dentists combine this method with veneering and bonding to prolong its durability. This method is suitable for crooked, fractured and disorderly teeth.
– Implants are used to replace the lost teeth. In order to implant, the dentist places a titanium-made screw in the place of the lost tooth and in the jaw bone to act as a base for the implant covering. Implants are indistinguishable from the surrounding natural teeth and after falling in and grafting with the bone and the surrounding tissue, are reliable and permanent.
Aesthetic Dentistry: Reconstructive and Aesthetic Gums Treatments
On its own and without also mending and enhancing the gums, teeth reconstruction and enhancement alone does not lead to neither beauty nor cure. Gums are strong tissues keeping the teeth in their place. Gums aesthetics, similar to that of the teeth causes your smile to improve. The most common gums issues are asymmetrical gums line, visible teeth roots, short and long teeth due to asymmetrical gums lines and receding gums and jaw bones, restoration of all these results in the beauty of gums as well.
Dental Restoration and Aesthetics are an Investment
Dental and gums restoration and beauty knows no age. Having healthy teeth in the later stages of life plays an important role in the joy of spirit, limits the pain in the daily life and provides better nutrition diversity. For these reasons, restoring and maintaining dental health is an investment for the future.